When a group of community volunteers came together to see what could be done about restoring Hoyt Park, we were optimistic that, with the help of our partners, Milwaukee County Parks and the TOSA Foundation, the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool would see swimming return to the heart of Wauwatosa and the park be a center of activity.
The timeline you see here reflects some of the key events and developments that helped us achieve our goals. Through research, focus groups, community events and much more, we listened to parents, athletes, swimmers, seniors and park users about what they wanted to see at the TOSA Pool and The Landing at Hoyt Park. Our journey led to a facility that would meet the needs of today’s users and will last for many generations to come.
Who We Are
The TOSA Pool at Hoyt Park is an outdoor community pool located in Hoyt Park in Wauwatosa. Featuring zero-depth entry, competitive lap lanes, shaded areas and a giant slide, the TOSA Pool provides summertime fun for all ages. Complementing the new pool is the restored 1930s bathhouse, which is available to rent year-round.
The TOSA Pool is operated by the Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool, a nonprofit group that raised money to build the pool. FOHPP has a 55-year lease with Milwaukee County to operate the pool and does not receive taxpayer support for pool operations. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for all members of the community by developing, maintaining, and operating a community pool at Hoyt Park.
The TOSA POOL at Hoyt Park opened to the public May 28, 2011 and is named in honor of the project’s lead donor: The TOSA Foundation.
Since the pool opened in May 2011, the Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool and the TOSA Pool at Hoyt Park have received a number of awards recognizing the outstanding design of the pool, the preservation of the historic bathhouse and the positive impact the TOSA Pool is having on our community. These awards include:
- 2014 Public Policy Forum: Salute to Local Government Award for Public-Private Cooperation (video)
- 2012 Wauwatosa Patch Readers’ Choice Winner: Parks & Gardens, Pools
- 2012 City of Wauwatosa Historic Preservation Commission’s annual PoP (preservation of properties) Award
- 2012 Park People Friends Group of the Year
- 2012 Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce Civic Appreciation Award
- 2011 Milwaukee Magazine Best “Born Again”
- 2011 CNI Newspapers “5 Waves” Swimming Pool Ranking
- 2011 Wisconsin Parks and Recreation Association Outstanding Design